1. The Teach A Tot Kid's Play RugSmall tots spend a lot of time on the floor; whether it be for story time, play time, or a time-out enforced by their teacher, an ideal opportunity to surround them with visual learning icons and guides are exactly why this rug is a must-have. This brightly printed rug has letters, geometric shapes, and a large clock on which kids can learn how to tell time. Games of tic-tac-toe, checkers for future chess champions can also can teach youingsters social interaction skills, as well as spatial and counting skills. As with most products on this site, the rug comes a Lifetime Antimicrobial Protection and Class I Flammability Rating.
2. The I Can Spell Alphabet PuzzleThis unique, award-winning spelling tray allows children to stand letters up for easier view and build words by copying word cards. This develops fine motor coordination by handling and placing them into the puzzle. They can also explore the discovery of the difference between shapes and colors. Letter recognition, names and sounds are the learning opportunity this puzzle presents to the child. Alphabetizing procedures, which many a 5th grader may be ignorant of in public schools nowadays, can be taught early.
3. Little Librarian KitThis clever kids librarian kit guides children through the entire process of choosing, finding, and checking out a real book, including the issue of overdue notices and reading awards. Favorite books can be stored in a self-generated reading journal. Perhaps for older than toddler-aged children, this practice will definitely come in hand to teach library skills and keep the library environment familiar. College students spend 25% of their time in libraries, or surfing library references on their computers.
4. The Left Brain DVDThis learning DVD introduces children to language, spelling, the alphabet, and numbers, as well as logical thinking. It includes classical music, explores patterns, sequencing, and detail analyzing, and special features make learning fun. I would also recommend the complement DVD, The Baby Right Brain Creative Thinking DVD, which includes rhyming words, art and drawing, and imaginative thinking.
5. Stand Up EaselA good old fashioned chalk board, painting easel, and write and wipe white board are absolutely imperative to any hopeful graduate. Young artists can allow their creative side to be expressed freely!
Louise Baker blogs about getting an online degree at Zen College Life. Her most recent post looked at the best online schools.